This breakfast has been traditionally used by those wanting to have a steady supply of energy in the morning, good digestion, regular elimination and a beautiful skin.
It requires minimum preparation and is ready to be eaten in the morning.
- 500g of green cabbage
- 1 ½- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
1. Chop or shred cabbage. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Knead the cabbage with clean hands about 10 minutes, until there is enough liquid to cover.
3. Stuff the cabbage into a quart jar, pressing the cabbage underneath the liquid. If necessary, add a bit of water to completely cover cabbage.
4. Cover the jar with a tight or airlock lid.
5. Culture at room temperature for at least 2 weeks. Burp daily to release excess pressure.
6. Once the sauerkraut is finished, put a tight lid on the jar and move to cold storage. The sauerkraut’s flavor will continue to develop as it ages.